11.04.2012

Music Spotlight: Alice Cooper

I've been working on a page dedicated to horror in music, and of course I will be including Mr. Cooper. But all that made me want to give him a little spotlight on my blog, so here it is.

Alice Cooper has always been one of my favorite musicians. I love the sound, the content, and even his style. He's an old fucker now, but he still rocks that make-up. Alice is a very strange, and really awesome, old man.

He's got songs about necrophilia (Cold Ethel), Frankenstein-like creations (Feed My Frankenstein, Teenage Frankenstein), coulrophobia (Can't Sleep, Clowns Will Eat Me), dead children (Dead Babies), dangerous--but kind of sexy--relationships (Bed of Nails), and my husband (He's Back), among many, many other things. He's a rock 'n roll legend, and there will never be another like him.

I think a lot of bands take inspiration from  him, but no one can ever duplicate his complete awesomeness. Feed My Frankenstein is my favorite of his songs, but I would like to take this time to introduce you to a different song--if you don't already know it. And if you don't, shame on you!

Alice wrote a song for the sixth Friday the 13th movie, Jason Lives. It's called He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask), and it's all about Jason rising from his grave to steal the souls of young and stupid people. The song is absolutely wonderful and fun, the music video is funny and awesome (Alice plays the part of Jason!), and it's just a good time.


Enjoy the video, and enjoy the greatness that is Alice Cooper!

No comments:

Post a Comment